Friday, January 16, 2009

A New Experience

I got to do what to me was one of the most amazing experiences of my life to date, and I now see the beauty in a creature that I thought all it did was scrounge for food and take a crap on whatever it was near. The local seagull population.

I meet a professional photographer today at a local park here in Ithaca. I was watching him shoot, and he asked me if I wanted to help him. Of course I jumped at this opportunity. He talked with me like I was a person while he had me throw food into the air for seagulls to fly around above my head while he shot them flying.

I had one of the birds so close to me ... I could have reached out and touched it if I wanted to. I was a little frightened at first of one biting me, but that wore off fast. I think the temperature was no more than in the single digits today, and I won't lie ... I am still really cold. I was out there for like 45 minutes with him, and it only seems like 10 minutes. I had the time of my life.

I cannot remember doing anything more fun. I hope that one day I can do that for someone because this man has no idea just how much he made my day. He made me feel like a person with the same interest as he, and he talked to me like a person with feelings. He asked about me, they type of photography I loved the best to this point .... Which by the way is Nature Scenes & Waterfalls. I felt like a human being for the first time in a really long time. It was really nice.

He said he would post some of the finished work on one of his web sites. I cannot wait to see it. He gave me his business card to I had his web sites information. I hope I might run into him again someday, He seemed like a wonderful man ... and a certainly enjoyed spending that time with him and the seagulls.

No comments: